Sunday, November 23, 2008

My birthday!

Wednesday was my birthday, and I had a really great day! We went to my favorite restaurant in town, Dawat an Indian restaurant. Everyone on the team was invited to come. Even though I really didn’t expect them to all come, pretty much everyone on the team came, which was really cool. After that we went to the Tylers’ house for devotional. We sang a few songs and then Shawn asked the team to speak blessings over me. It was really thoughtful and very humbling. I was very moved especially since I’ve only been here for 3 months. That was a really special time that I will not forget. After that they brought out brownies with candles in them for me to blow out and they sang to me. Later that night I came home to several voice mails and emails wishing me happy birthday. It was a really good day. Thanks! :)

0 comments: